Monday, July 20, 2009

Acceptance Speech: "I'd like to thank the little people..."

This is so unexpected... 
I haven't prepared anything....  
First I'd like to thank my husband for his endless understanding of my faceblogittermomitis (look it up, it's a real thing).  Then I'd like to thank my children for the endless material...
But mostly I'd like to thank Christen over at La Vida Lista for bestowing upon me this very prestigious* blog award!  Christen, you have officially knocked my socks off!!  Thank you, Lady!

                                                                 

*okay- perhaps "prestigious" is a bit of an overstatement- but this is my big moment! I mean, with this kind of recognition I could do the impossible; become Evolving Mommy's BFF, babysit for Dooce, or even start a book club with Amalah... riiiiiiiiiiighhhhtt.  (But a girl can dream).

Anywhoo- Here's the redtape.  
1.  In accepting this award, I am to pass it along to another deserving blogger. 

 I hereby proclaim Dumb Mom at  Parenting BY Dummies to be the queen of the internet (a privilege of receiving this kick-ass award (or so I've just decided!))!  She has been rocking my world since I found her, not long ago.  Here you go, Dumb Mom!!

2.  I am, also, to tell you some interesting tidbits about myself :
  •  I am a big, no -giant nerd.  I like books, and hanging out with my kids, and I think I just met a friend at the park the other day- but I'm afraid to call her.
  • I want to be Donna Reed when I grow up.
  • I am in no way interesting.  at all. period.
  • see above.
That is all.  I am off to bask in my own awesomeness... or whatever.

10 comments:

Dumb Mom said...

Wow! This is the coolest thing ever! I've never been a queen before. No. I take that back. I've been queen in ways I don't appreciate. Like queen when it comes to stockings. That was pretty sucky. Glad those days are over! But, this. This is a good kinda queen, right?! So, I can totally get over the person who quit my blog?! I'll try. Having someone as cool as Courtney think I'm cool must mean that I kinda sorta almost, but not really am:). And, you should totally call your new friend. That happened to me last summer at the pool and I was so excited b/c in real life I have like 2 and a half friends. But, I messed it up b/c I was too nervous to call her. Don't be dumb (like me). Call your new friend, I'm sure she'll be happy! Good luck, and thanks!

The Redhead Riter said...

You're funny. Congrats on your Queendom. Enjoy your badge! And I'm a nerd too, so it is nice to know you...well, talk to you...no, chat with you...heck, it is nice to type a letter to you...LOL

:o) Have a Happy Monday!

Meg said...

I'm clueless about blogs, only having just entered this wild world but color me impressed! There are awards and YOU won one!! As someone who never wins anything - we're talking not a single thing e-v-e-r - I'm happy for you.
(Thanks for stopping by)

Courtney D said...

Just for the record... this award is (in my head, a beautiful sparkly crown of diamonds and awesome) in reality, more a chain letter than anything I won for having talent at this whole blogging thing. BUT- I am honored and excited that someone out there THAT I AM NOT RELATED TO thought of me (thanks again, Christen!!!)! I will continue to proudly display it on my mantle (er... blog) and dust it regularly!
-Courtney

Brigetta Schwaiger said...

Oh, I am so happy. You used my word! Maybe someday it will end up in Webster's.

-Brigetta

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your award! I always wanted a Leave it to Beaver kind of family--except I've got 5 boys! Yes, I've seen an Eddie Haskel a time or two. Have an award-winning day!

Aunt Julie said...

Ah, Donna Reed. Now she's a blast from the past! Congrats on your award. SITS sent me...and I'm glad they did!

Rebekah said...

Congrats on your blog award!

Stopping by from SITS!

Madison {Life Happens During Naptime} said...

Stopping by from SITS! Nice place you got here...mind if I sit down? Oh, excuse me...I didn't see that crown there. Well, I'll just sit over here, your majesty. =)

Christen said...

Ha ha- you had a very similar reaction to winning to me! I squealed so loudly that my husband ran into the room, thinking that there was a bug that needed squashing or something. Loved your award speech! ha ha :)

 
Blog Template by Delicious Design Studio