"It's the most wonderful time of the year!"
Can you tell I'm getting a little excited...
Advent Bags (etsy)
Activity Card styling
Our Calendar of Activities this Year:
- Bring out the decorations!
- Elf-Yourself with Daddy (jibjab)!
- Shaving Cream Snowscape in Media Tub!
- Get our Christmas Tree (Lowelands Farm)
- Shoes out for St Nick (read St Nick Story)
- Make Salt Dough Ornaments
- Decorate Ornaments
- Holiday Movie Party
- Visit the National Tree
- Write Letters to Santa
- Go (Attempt!) Ice Skating!
- Popcorn and Cranberry Garland for outdoor trees!
- Bake Gingerbread!
- Visit Santa (@FairLakes Mall)
- SnowFlake Craft
- Pick out new yearly ornaments!
- Breakfast in Bed for the Birthday Boy!
- Carter's B-day Party
- Make "Snow" for Media Table!
- Christmas Cookie baking
- Wrap family gifts while listening to Carols!
- COCOA PICNIC!!
- Breakfast for dinner!
- Take a drive in Jammies (with Cocoa!) to see the neighborhood lights!
- Read the night before Christmas and unwrap new jammies!
In addition to the above, we'll be hanging with our old pal "Noodle" the elf on the shelf (he is scheduled to arrive on Thanksgiving night).
We'll also be starting a new tradition: I am in the process of wrapping all of our (24 of them anyway!) Christmas books so that the kids can open one a night to read before bed- I think the combination of opening a "gift" each night and watching the substantial stack dwindle will really get them excited for Christmas day! (here's a neat take on the same idea!)
I really love this time of year- I wish I had the energy to put this kind of effort into every month for the kids :)